The Robert Mueller Special Counsel Grand Jury handowns has grabbed the media spotlight….
They pushed the Florida High School mass shooting out of the top of the news cycle….
The fact that Mueller’s indictments cemented the fact the Russians DID help Trump played great for Trump, who focused JUST on himself….
But the best part politically for Trump was Rob Rosenstein saying that Trump was in the clear from the Grand Jury action…
That accomplices something both Mueller and Rosenstein probably wanted….(seems they know how to play the ‘game’ also, eh?)
They certainly KNOW that Donald Trump has issues tied to money and other things…
But by saying he’s in the clear now ?
They settled him down….
That and they reminded everyone that they were far from finished and that they certainly have bigger fish to fry…And means they need people to let them continue doing their job….
The indictments are against Russians…
Trump likes and defends the Russians…
This was a good / bad thing, eh?
- We’ve only been reading about [Mueller’s] interviews with Trump associates and White House officials — because these are the folks that Washington reporters talk to.
- But Mueller has been picking apart complicated, secretive and well-funded Russian networks that could only have originated from the Kremlin.
- Mueller’s indictments are not the work product of some frivolous fishing expedition to indict Trump, as some of Trump’s conservative allies have claimed….
- It will now be even harder for Trump to fire Mueller. Capitol Hill already would have gone crazy if Trump tried that. But after Mueller has done such substantive work — even earning the lavish praise of Trump lawyer John Dowd — it’s impossible to imagine Trump getting away with firing him.
- The fact that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein gave a press conference is significant. It was a major vote of confidence in the Mueller probe: This is Rosenstein saying he’s proud of this work, and fully supports it.
- It’s also a notable show of independence by Rosenstein — a Heisman to the White House….