Could the mounting pushback against Trump and the Republican majority in Congress and across the countries state office holders echo the 2010 and 2012 AGAINST Republicans come next years Midterm Elections?
Is Trump working almost singlehandedly to help Democrats who have taken HUGE political loses under Obama’s time in office?
- Since January, the DCCC has raised a record breaking $31 million.
- The most engaged partisan Facebook pages belong to left-leaning and Trump resistance groups. These pages are outperforming popular news competitors in overall engagement.
- Anti-Trump sites launched across the web — some with prominent names behind them, such as ‘Crooked Media,’ by former Obama staffers and ‘Resistance Calendar,’ by filmmaker Michael Moore.
- Cell phone apps and internet start ups that send daily text messages about getting involved have emerged with hundreds of thousands of followers.
- Former politicians are getting involved. Barbara Boxer’s Fight Back PAC is establishing itself against Trump’s agenda but also as a movement to win votes for progressives.
- Trump’s disapproval rating is on the rise: 57% – Quinnipiac, 55% – Gallup Daily Tracker, 52% – Economist/YouGov, 49% – Marist
- Congressional town halls and protests have been flooded with angry voices over what has been dubbed the ‘resistance recess.’ The movement was loud enough to get a response via twitter from President Trump.
- Activism among liberal democrats is on the rise:
- 47% of liberal Dems report say they’ve gotten involved in the last past two months, compared to 23% of all adults.
- Liberal Dems, more than any other group, anticipate taking part in activism in the next two years
Share on Facebook