Late breaking bad news for the Fox anchor who is the subject of a LOT of sexual harassment settlements by the Right leaning Cable News Network…..
Fox News is preparing to cut ties with its biggest star, Bill O’Reilly, according to people close to the situation.
A final decision on Mr. O’Reilly’s fate could come as early as the next several days, the people said. Mr. O’Reilly, host of “The O’Reilly Factor,” has been ensnared in a sexual-harassment scandal related to previously undisclosed settlements he and Fox News paid to women who worked on or appeared on his program.
Since an April 1 article in the New York Times detailing $13 million in settlements paid to five women, pressure has been growing on Fox News, both internally and from activists, to remove Mr. O’Reilly.
Initially, Fox News and parent company 21st Century FoxFOX -0.36% stood by their highly-rated host. Mr. O’Reilly has denied any wrongdoing, saying he paid settlements to “put to rest any controversies to spare my children.”
However, as advertisers fled his show, debate inside company ensued over the pros and cons of keeping Mr. O’Reilly on the air. His show draws about 4 million viewers a night, and the controversy didn’t dent his ratings.
21st Century Fox and Wall Street Journal parent company News Corp share common ownership.
Mr. O’Reilly hasn’t been on the air since April 11, when he ended his show by announcing plans for a vacation. While Mr. O’Reilly had planned to take this week off, the early start to his vacation wasn’t part of the original plan, people familiar with the matter said. The plan was for him to return to his show next Monday…..